Clipped From The Altoona Herald
Berwick Ftore Burns The Berwick general store was completely completely destroyed by fire Tuesday evening evening when fire of unknown origin started about 8 o'clock and burned rapidly. It is supposed a spark on the roof started the fire as the flames were first discovered there. Frank Dunkle, proprietor was in Bondurant at the time and the clerk had closed the store about 20 minutes before the fire was discovered. Some sf .tho goods and fixtures were saved, jut it was mostly all including the building destroyed. The alarm was giiven and the Al- .oona Fire Truck called but as the niilding was a frame structure it was turned ito the ground before the truck arrived. ' Mr. Dunkle estimates his oss at about ?7,500 which is partly covered by insurance. Mr. Dunkle has opened a temporary store in a residence building and is •eady to serve the public.