The Salem Daily News (Salem, Ohio), 19 December 1895, Page 7

jvaughan4444 Member Photo

Clipped by jvaughan4444

The Salem Daily News (Salem, Ohio), 19 December 1895, 
Page 7  - g * fire. A disastrous fire at the home of...
g * fire. A disastrous fire at the home of George Holmes in Garfield avenue was averted last evening. Mr. and Mrs. Holmes were in the dining and tlieirjcbildren. two little girls, in the sitting room playing. They had a newspaper which they were pretending to read and in some way took fire from the lamp. They it down on the table and soon the cover on this ignited, the fringes and ashes fell on the floor and in less a minute the carpet was ablaze. little girls ran to their parents them what had happened. The were spreading tast, but with some effort Mr. Holmes succeeded in out the tire. The loss will amount about §25. It is covered by insurance through Heaton's agency.

Clipped from
  1. The Salem Daily News,
  2. 19 Dec 1895, Thu,
  3. Page 7

jvaughan4444 Member Photo
  • The Salem Daily News (Salem, Ohio), 19 December 1895, Page 7

    jvaughan4444 – 07 Feb 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in