Anna Teson

nsimpson513 Member Photo

Clipped by nsimpson513

Anna Teson - the she gun wom-t 138 376 Case Of Man By E.S....
the she gun wom-t 138 376 Case Of Man By E.S. Evans Of the Post-Dispatch Post-Dispatch Post-Dispatch Staff Stephen Buss called a man "with a dual identity" killed a woman from south St. Louis last year because "she was poking around in his business," business," the prosecutor argued at Buss' murder trial Tuesday. Prosecutor John D. Chancellor asked the jury in St. Louis County Circuit Court to find Buss guilty of first-degree first-degree first-degree murder. If it does, Chancellor Chancellor will ask the jury to assess the death penalty. The jurors began deliberating about 2:30 p.m. after a trial lasting eight days. Unable to reach a verdict verdict they adjourned around 9 p.m. They will resume deliberations this morning. Chancellor's closing argument focused focused on a motive for the drowning of Charged With Murder Goes To Jury the woman, Anna Marie Teson, 31, whose body was found in the Mississippi Mississippi River on April 28, and on Buss' dual life. Buss was known as Mike Anderson to most people who knew him on the South Side, where he owned and rehabilitated houses. Buss, 40, lived on Ladue Court in Creve Coeur and also worked as a stockbroker in Clayton for eight years. His father, B.A. Buss, is the manager and former owner of Buss Industries of Moline, 111., a manufacturer manufacturer of fabric-folding fabric-folding fabric-folding machines for commercial laundries. Michael Reed, 21, who had done painting and odd jobs for Buss, testified testified last week that he had helped Buss tie up Teson at Buss' house and had left her in the trunk of Buss' car just before she disappeared. Reed quoted Buss as saying at the time that Teson "shouldn't be nosing around in my business." Reed said Teson had learned Buss' real identity. Reed also has been charged with first-degree first-degree first-degree murder in the case. He testified against Buss under an agreement agreement with the prosecution in which he is to plead guilty to a reduced murder charge and get a 15-year 15-year 15-year prison sentence. Reed and Teson lived in the 3800 block of Juniata Avenue in separate apartments. Buss' lawyer, Herbert D. Schaeffer, argued that Reed was not believable. Schaeffer suggested that Reed had killed Teson because she was seeking child support from him for one of her seven children. "Buss is an engineer and accountant, accountant, but Reed is street smart. This man's lying to save his neck a liar and an admitted thief and a murderer," murderer," Schaeffer said. "The sole foundation of the state's case is Michael Reed," he said. "His story makes no sense. Reed and Buss admitted during testimony testimony to having had a homosexual relationship. When Reed was asked if he had fathered one of Teson's children, children, he replied, "That's what she said." Chancellor invited the jurors to unscramble unscramble the encoded messages that Buss sent Reed last fall while both were in the County Jail at Gurnb). The messages appear to urge Reed to change his story to say Teson was killed when she slipped on the muddy riverbank and fell in the water. Testifying in his own behalf Monday, Monday, Buss ascribed the incriminating statements in the messages to Reed. ,

Clipped from St. Louis Post-Dispatch04 Mar 1987, WedMain EditionPage 3

St. Louis Post-Dispatch (St. Louis, Missouri)04 Mar 1987, WedMain EditionPage 3
nsimpson513 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in