Ferry's Store since 1905
Ferry's Store Operated By Family Since 1905 One of the oldest — if not the oldest — businesses in Palmyra operated continuously by the same family; is also celebrating an anniversary during Palmyra Week. Ferry's store, located in the Valley Trust Co. building in downtown Palmyra, is observing its 65th anniversary this week. Purchased from Rhelt Brothers Brothers in 1905 by the Ferry brothers, brothers, George U. and John, the slore was operated as a partnership partnership until 1924 when George U. Ferry bought his brother's chare of the business. In 1939, Mark Z. Ferry, son of George U. Ferry, was appointed manager. He acquired th. business business in 1951. Ferry's was operated as a general store from 1905 until 1939 at which time the grocery department was discontinued in order to expand the ready to wear departments. In 1968, Ferry's almost doubled doubled its size by expanding into the rooms formerly occupied by the Palmyra-Lebanon County Automobile Club.