Elizabeth Leippe- Death June 27, 1909 Los Angeles Herald

mmello24 Member Photo

Clipped by mmello24

Elizabeth Leippe- Death June 27, 1909 Los Angeles Herald - GAS ESCAPING FROM STOVE ASPHYXIATES AGED WOMAN...
GAS ESCAPING FROM STOVE ASPHYXIATES AGED WOMAN Lifeless Body of Laundress Found Hours After Demise—Death Probably Probably Due to Accident The probable accidental opening of a stop cook attached to a small gas stove caused the death by asphyxiation of Mrs. Elizabeth Leippe, 60 years old, in her room at 835V4 Gladys avenue. Her lifeless body was discovered yesterday morning and death probably had occurred occurred late Thursday night, as that was the last time she was seen alive. The body was taken to the undertaking establishment of Pierce Bros., and Coroner Hartwell will make an investigation. investigation. . Mrs. Leippe was employed at the Empire Empire laundry. She left that place after finishing her duties Thursday evening. i She failed to appear Friday morning and yesterday morning the manager of the laundry went to her apartments to ascertain the cause. He was unable unable to get a'response to his knock" on the door and detecting an odor of gas notified Patrolman G. E. Barlow. Entrance was obtained by forcing the door and the body of the woman was found lying on her bed. In the adjoin- I Ing room gas was pouring from the burner of a small gas stove. It is thought Mrs. Leippe accidentally accidentally brushed against the stove before retiring retiring Thursday night and opened the stop cock without being aware of it. ■ a is

Clipped from Los Angeles Herald27 Jun 1909, SunPage 31

Los Angeles Herald (Los Angeles, California)27 Jun 1909, SunPage 31
mmello24 Member Photo
  • Elizabeth Leippe- Death June 27, 1909 Los Angeles Herald

    mmello24 – 04 Dec 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in