Baby burned in home fire dies; Family needs aid

wlaird Member Photo

Clipped by wlaird

Baby burned in home fire dies; Family needs aid - occurred Jan. 31 when Mrs. Thelma Wolf, 37, was...
occurred Jan. 31 when Mrs. Thelma Wolf, 37, was burned in bed when fire destroyed the inside of the house in which she was living at 1784 Brown Ave. The second was recorded Feb. 19 when 4-month-old Renae Jones, daughter of Mr. and MrsL Bobby Jones> died at the home of her grandparents, Mr, and Mrg< Kennard Asher at 1730 the tot's -™ «~ — —» J. Wesley Ave. In that fire the gran d P arents and The ikest death occurred March 27 when a burning skillet °? I!! ease _ set * he ?l oth ?? jrcow*u«y ^auacu damages to the home at 776 S. West St. Owned by Carrie Kightlinger, 747 E. North St., it was valued at $5,000. A demo lition order was signed by Os- car Hutmacher, city building in- spector, yesterday afternoon. rou:,, wfl - Hpcprihpd SIQ nnrmnl 1IUS was «CSCriDea as normal procedure when a building is 50 ^ Jj rp. per cent or more destroyed. The first fatality in Galesburg caused by a fire since early 1959. But thr^ deaths directly attributed to three separate fires were recorded that year within a tw^month period. The first 18% dresses, size 36 slips, shoes 7% or 8 low heels. The boy were also burned, but they survived. survived. of Mrs. Cora B, Bolder, 78, 194 S. Henderson St. Home Destroyed The fire yesterday caused $4,- Hutson Infant Pwpwty owner has 90 days in to comply with the or- p ire Chief Wayne Nelson said damage to Contents Of the building, valued at $1,500, was at $1,000. Fire inspectors sifted through the ruing flgain m mQYn £ g an effort t0 determine the origin of the blaze. Rumors that a television set blew up were discounted by Chief Nelson. needs clothing either size 6 or 6x, and the baby wears size 2 clothing. Diapers are needed for the baby also. Hutson wears shirt size 16-16%, and trousers size 36 waist and 32 length. They are currently living with Hutson's brother, James, in Knoxville. Donations will be accepted there, telephone number number 289-7536, or at the maternal grandparents, telephone number number 342-2259. The local Red Cross chapter and Hutson's employer, employer, Western Illinois Ice Co., are leading a campaign to aid the family. Mrs. Hutson managed to get Emphasis was being given to her two other children, Kenneth, studying the wiring of the 4, and Lori Ann, 14 months, out house. Family in Dire Straits The family had no insurance of the house. Glenn Carroll, Burlington Railroad engine fore- on belongings, and is in need of man ' P ulled Patricia from the clothing and all types of furni- livin 8 room through a broken ture. Mrs. Hutson wears size window. Mrs. Hutson suffered minor burns, and was treated at St. Mary's Hospital. Directories to Wednesday 8 a . m . of 2 l,000 telephone I yiSwle narents and two Intra State Telephone Co. 1 beS1 68 the Par<mtS "* tW ° The girl, who was blinded in the fire, was also taken there, where she died at 2:40 p.m. She was born Dec. 29,1959. Surviv- oi imra oiaie A eiepnone u>. childTen are the maternal grand- effective at the same time de- par ents, Mr. and Mrs. Al Ren- & *• *» paternal Rob. erts grandmother, M r s. u -u * • - „ .„ sed for ^w subscribers during in Knoxville ye f' aM » theT P ersons de ' tl ? e . A Kn 0 ^ were ordered from the Reuben Marshall McLaren of Knoxville Donnelly Telephone Direc- and the paternal great-grandfa- tory Co. About 250 of them will ther, Zany Hutson of Knoxville. be sent out of town at $1 per Services will be held Thursday copy. The remainder will be at 11 a.m. in the Klinck Chapel Burial will be in Cemetery. siring to purchase one. visitation is planned. No

Clipped from Galesburg Register-Mail05 Nov 1963, TuePage 2

Galesburg Register-Mail (Galesburg, Illinois)05 Nov 1963, TuePage 2
wlaird Member Photo
  • Baby burned in home fire dies; Family needs aid

    wlaird – 27 Mar 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in