Who is Clayton Manning?
Clayton Manning Lost Home While Building New Home at Dauphin While working in his new home at Dauphin, Wednesday night, getting getting everything ready for occupying it later this week, Clayton Manning walked to the porch and saw his old home, a hundred feet away, burning. Going to a neighbors he called the Dauphin Fire Department, hut the fire was already beyond control and Manning's property, his clothing, clothing, all the furniture intended for the new home, and his one-story bungalow were destroyed. Manning is employed by the Pennsylvania Railroad Company at Lucknow and about two years ago built on the property on the side of the mountain at Dauphin in the section called Hillside. The home was a one»story building of frame construction. It was this home that burned. While living in the smaller house Manning planned a larger one and it was this house, a two story brick | building, that he was to occupy j Friday or Saturday of this week. The family was sheltered by neighbors "Wednesday night. The loss is estimated at more than a thousand dollars. The fire in the one-story house is believed to have been caused by an overheated stove.