boys club open 2 apr 1948

jojogogo1 Member Photo

Clipped by jojogogo1

boys club open 2 apr 1948 - Boys Club In City Opened The Camden Boys Club,...
Boys Club In City Opened The Camden Boys Club, sponsored sponsored by the Lions, is now open to all boys of Camden that desire to build a healthy body. The club Is located on the Cotton Belt Circle and is equipped to Hive those participating participating the benefit of a modern Kymnasiuin. Lc. C. M. Walters, chairman of the committee, Is In charge and Is assisted by L. T. Elliott who has been a trainer of boys for a number of years and both are outstanding In the work. A. D. Mason, president of the Lions stated that no dues or fees were collected fcr this program, all boys are welcome and their efforts to maicc them better citizens Is all that Is required. Lockers are provided provided and the club has shower and sanitary facilities. The club will be open to all boys, 4 to 5 p. n>. and 7 to 9 p. m. A fine spirit of cooperation cooperation by a lar^c number of Camden citizens has made this club possible, and the committee wishes to particularly particularly thank the following for their el torts in makinw this project a reality: L. H. Koon, A. P. Simmon«. Simmon«. W. T. Walker, O. L. Dietrich. Dietrich. E. A Rich, PuUell Appliance Company, Arkansas Louisiana Gas Company, Arkansas Power k Light Company, and the Camden Foundry. Foundry. The Lions Club have made this project possible and deserve the mil cooperation of every Camden •it,ren. The committee, Dr. C. M. Walters, Thomas Oausthnn Jack Leaih and Mac Graves ask that you visit the club and see the boys in action. ----------------- o-------------White

Clipped from The Camden News02 Apr 1948, FriPage 2

The Camden News (Camden, Arkansas)02 Apr 1948, FriPage 2
jojogogo1 Member Photo
  • boys club open 2 apr 1948

    jojogogo1 – 07 Dec 2014

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in