Louis Antrobus home burns -- total loss
Fire in Milton District Routs Family of Six Early-Morning Blaze Destroys Destroys Franor Street Residence /. ; _ --*,_. Mr. and Mrs. L. H; 1 Ahtrobus and their six children, v?ho resided at 3201 Franor street, wfre left homeless homeless at 3 », m. tod&r when fire destroyed their 3-room, house. The location of the Antrobus home feeing outsiisle thgf8& v the«s was ho fire protections Tfwhwtte and contents were destroyed, me family had just time enough to escape escape from the burning building. An electric sewing machine was said to have been the only article saved from the house. Antrobus, who is a war worker In the plant of Western Cartridge Co., said he was awakened at 3 a. m. by what he believed was an electric light that some one had left turned on in the kitchen. Getting up from his bed he discovered the light was coming from flames in the kitchen. Arousing the family, he and his wife set to work getting their children children out of bed and carried them to the home of Mr. and Mrs. N. Rodgers who live next door. Just enough bed clothing to wrap the smaller children was taken along ahead of the flames. The six children children varied in age from 2 to. 13 years. Today all that remained of the building were the remains of a heating stove and parts of a piano that had gone through the fire. The house occupied by the Antrobus Antrobus family was known as the old Nev Carter home. Antrobus was quoted as saying he had a small amount of insurance, about enough "to cover one third of the loss." A number of women in the Milton area were today setting about making clothing for the children of the family.