Clipped From Reading Times

PhillyJersey Member Photo

Clipped by PhillyJersey

 - POISON DOSE PROVES FATAL TO CONTRACTOR Is Said...
POISON DOSE PROVES FATAL TO CONTRACTOR Is Said to Have Taken Car bolic Acid in Mis - take HE DIES IN HOSPITAL Henry K. Kuhns Found Pros trated by Member of His Family As the result of drinking a large quantity of carbolio acid, Henry K. Kuhns, 56, a well - known mason contractor, died In St Joseph's Hospital at 2.10 this morning. Mr. Kuhns took the poison at his home, 1120 Oley street, late yesterday afternoon. He was discovered lying across his bed shortly, after 6 o'clock by a member of the family. The Reading Hose ambulance made a quick run to the hospital. The - stomach' pump was applied but results were not quickly forthcoming, for the reason that the poison was taken probably an ho.ur before he was discovered. It is said that Mr. Kuhns was around his house the greater part of the day, and that lately he had been complaining of feeling ill. The family is inclined to believe that the poison was taken in mistake for medicine, as no threats to end his life were made. '

Clipped from
  1. Reading Times,
  2. 25 May 1916, Thu,
  3. Page 1

PhillyJersey Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in