Frances Croyle-wed.TDN-p. 15-1 July 1953
a Frances Croyle Becomes Bride Of James E. Schirm Miss Frances Louise Croyle of Petersburg, and Mr. James Edward Edward Schirm of Alexandria, were united in marriage on Fridav evening, June 26, 1953 at eight o'clock in the Petersburg Zion Lutheran Church. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. George E. Nein, Jr., pastor of the church. The new Mrs. Schirm is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Croyle of Petersburg, and the bridegroom's parents are Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Schirm of Alexandria. The church was decorated with palms, white carnations and roses. Lighted candles in candelabra shed a soft glow during the exchange exchange of vows. Mrs. Martha Whitesel of Petersburg Petersburg presided at the organ and played "Ave Maria," "Indian Love Call," "Traumerei," "Through the Years," "Sweetest Story Ever Told," and "O Perfect Love." Mr. Edward Harshbarger, cousin of the bricle, sang "Entreat Me Not to Leave Thee," "Because" and "The Lord's Prayer." The bride was given in marriage by her father. She was lovely in a ballerina-length gown which had a fitted lace and nylon net bodice, long sleeves which ended in points over the wrists. Her finger-tip veil was attached to a. crown of lace and seed pearls and she carried white orchids on a prayer, book from which fell satin streamers. Mrs. Lillian Houck • of Petersburg, Petersburg, sister of the bride, was the matron of honor. Her gown was pink taffeta with a net overskirt and matching net stole. She carried a Colonial bouquet of pink rosebuds rosebuds and baby's-breath. Mr. David Hesser of Mill Creek, brother of the bridegroom, was the best man. The ushers were Mr. David Schirm of Alexandria, cousin of the bridegroom and Mr! Raymond Taylor, Petersburg cousin of the bride. ' The bride's mother was seen in & navy blue dress with navy and white accessories. She wore corsage of Talisman roses. Mrs. Schirm, mother of the bridegroom, wore a powder blue dress with navy accessories and a Talisman rose corsage. A reception for the guests followed followed the wedding in the social room of the church. The bridal table was decorated with candles and roses and the centerpiece was a three-tiered wedding cake,'topped, cake,'topped, with a bride and bridegroom in miniature. Out-of-town guesU attended from. Alexandria, State Colleg-e, McConnellstown,. Huntingdon, Mapleton, Washington, Pa., Baltimore, Baltimore, Md., and New Jersey. When the couple, left for a wedding trip to Virginia and other Southern States, Mrs. Schirm was wearing a pink faiJle dress with a matching bolero, white accessories and a white orchid corsage from her bridal bouquet. She was graduated from the Juniata Valley High School in the class of 1952 and is employed by Swigart Associates, Inc., Huntingdon. Huntingdon. The bridegroom was also graduated from the Juniata Valley High Sohool in the class of 1952. He is an employe of the Alexandria Alexandria Fire Clay Company in Alexandria. Alexandria. Mr. and Mrs. Schirm will reside at the home of the bride's parents. Announce Engagement Mr. and Mts. John C. Wagner of Lewistown R. D.'l, have announced announced the engagement of their daughter, Miss Helen M. Wagner, to Mr.'Ard R. Wollett, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ard -p. Wollett of 19 Pennsylvania Avenue, Mount Union. The bride-elect attended the Lewistown High School. Her fiance, a graduate of Mount Union High School, is employed by the Pennsylvania Railroad Company. a. Use The Daiiv Hunt•!