Clipped From Kossuth County Advance
s, a JOHN E. FALK WES SUDDENLY, HEART ATTACK Kossuth county friends of John 1 5. Falk were shocked Friday by his sudden death at the home on So. Moore St. Not feeling well he did not go to work as usual, but later got no and was stricken ! when he walked into another •oom. Funeral services were held at 3 o'clock Monday at the McCul- lough.chapel in charge of the Rev. Newton Coughcnour. Burial was in East Lawn Memorial cemetery. Pall bearers were fellow fellow eiiiDlovees, Vernell Ludwig, Heine Stehrilx, Webster Orton, Wm. Leek. Darrel Johnson and Randy Leek. Friends donated many gifts as a memoial for the heart and cancer funds. John Ernest Falk, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Falk, Sr., was born March 4, 1R93, at '''astir Roek, Wis. When he was a year old, the parents moved to T owa and settled in Portland •ownship near the present Chas. Pheips farm. There the father opened a country store and took charge of the Buffalo Forks post office which was located near 'he Buffalo Forks creamery. The creamery was later moved "to the center of Buffalo township and soon the post office and store- was moved to the same location. Business flourished until a railroad railroad was built west from Garner and the town of Titonka was "tarled and a post office established. established. In early 1899 Mr.' Falk moved his Buffalo Forks post office to' the new town and delivered delivered mail to his patrons. Mail was also being delievered to German Valley a few miles distant distant and for a time the little community was being served by three post offices. Except for one year John E. Falk snent his entire life in Kossuth. Kossuth. He knew the town -of Titonka Titonka from its very beginning ind it was there he formed lifelong lifelong friendships. His formal education was in the public schools there. He was a veteran of World War I. He served in the infantry where he saw combat service in France. His service was rugged for part of the time he drove trucks in the battle area. Returning from .war he entered entered into an automobile 'agency and repair partnership with his older brothers, Otto and Arthur. They built one of the largest brick buildings on Main street in Titonka and continued in operation operation till the mid-thirties. In 1946 Mr. and Mrs. Falk moved to Algona which has since been their home. Since then he had been employed by the Hi- Bred Corn Co. Mr. Falk was baptized and con-1 firmed in the Lutheran church at Titonka. He was a charter member of Breen Post of the American Legion and transferred transferred his membership to Algona. He was a Legion member 38 years. In Titonka he took an active active part in civic affairs and worked hard for anything which made for community betterment. Marriage to Martha Osterbauer, Osterbauer, Algona, took place July 31, 1919. Mr. and Mrs. Falk were Oarents of two daughters, Clarice (Mrs. Harold Krantz. Swea City) and Phyllis (Mrs. Robert" Carr, Algona) both of whom with the mother survive. Also surviving | are four grandchildren and two brothers, Otto, Tacoma, Wash., and Arthur. Salem, Ore.