Willow cuttings from Napleon's grave given to Hamot
lower oysters picked n and ihe The survivors Along nhout 1820 an otlicer of United States navy sent to the luteP.S.V. of Erie city, and the original owner of the Hainot Hospital property, a few cuttings cuttings from one of the willows that overhung overhung the grave of the first Napoleon the island of St. Helena. Mr. Hamot planted and cherished the gift. The last scion, planted in the cemetery, and thriving, thriving, was Mown down early in April, Hon. G. W. Starr, a son-in-law of Mr. llamnt. secured several cutting from it, and they are now growing niedy in garden.