Moravian Church dedicated

twinkycat Member Photo

Clipped by twinkycat

Moravian Church dedicated - —Gazette photo DEDICATE REMODELED CHURCH— The...
—Gazette photo DEDICATE REMODELED CHURCH— The Moravian congregation of Lake Mills, largest of its denomination in Wisconsin, will see the consecration of its enlarged and remodeled church in special special rites Sunday. Bishop I. Richard Mewaldt, Ma dison, will lead a. 10 a. m. consecration service, Wifli" additional services scheduled in the afternoon and evening. Forty-six feet have been added to the length of the church, seating increased to 500, new organ installed and Sunday School rooms buUt in the basement Cost to date totals ?93,000. Consecration Rites Set For Moravian Church veteran the 25. the will Krogen to at her land Jr. Robert Ronny LAKE MILLS-Bishop L Richard Richard Mewaldt, Madison, president <rf the western district of the Northern Province of the Moravian Moravian Church in America, will lead the consecration service at 10 a.m. Sunday at the remodeled and enlarged Moravian Church here. His sermon will be entitled, •"Hie True Glory of Cod's House." Additional services have been •cheduled Sunday afternoon and evening. A church nursery will be officially opened during the former, with the Mothers Club <rf the congregation in charge. During a "neighborhood service" service" at 2:30 p .m. Moravian pastors pastors and congregations will be entertained. Hie main speaker will be the Rev. Victor Thomas, Watertown, who will speak on "The House of God." A lacred concert at 8 p .m. under under the direction of Franklin Else will be offered by the senior senior choir of 38 voices. Music on the new Reuter pipe orgah will be fumi^ed by Mrs. Edward Pirwitz. Bouquets of yellow roses will flank the altar table for services Sunday. They will include 98 flowers—one for each year since the congregation was founded. The present minister is the Rev. James Weingarth. Following the afternoon service, service, a supper will be served to friends and out-of-town guests by Faithful Workers Circle of Kings Daughters of the church. The remodeling project, under way since groundbreaking last May 21, marks the completion of the first part of an extensive program of new construction. Thirty-one feet have been added to the east end of the main structure and 15 feet to the west end, giving the enlarged church an over-all length of 127 feet. The nave measures 75 feet long and 32 and 54 feet wide. In the nave are 62 new white oak pews made by Cathedral Craftsmen of Waukesha. The new Reuter organ is an eight- rank, two - manual instrument with the console on the chancel and the organ proper housed in a chamber on the north wall of the chancel. A new heating plant has been installed, with hot water system, so situated that it can be geared to healing future additions. Seating capacity In the church. Including balcony and chancel, is now 500. Six new Sunday school classrooms have been added on the basement level, along with a choir room. The kitchen has also been enlarged. Up to the present time, the total total cost for the remodeling program program has been $93,000. The local congregation is the largest of the Moravian denomi- liation in Wisconsin with 850 members and 312 children. The church will mark its 100th anniversary anniversary in 1956. The Moravian Church is affiliated affiliated with the international Moravian Church, an evangelical Protestant Church founded in 1457 in Moravia-Bohemia. The leader of the movement was John Hus; Taylor La of on at to

Clipped from
  1. Janesville Daily Gazette,
  2. 12 Mar 1954, Fri,
  3. Page 14

twinkycat Member Photo
  • Moravian Church dedicated

    twinkycat – 25 Jun 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in