Clipped From Ukiah Dispatch Democrat
is At Eden Valley j • a a Mr, W. G. Henshaw, president of the Union Savings Bank of Oakland | and a well known capitalist of that city, who two years ago purchased the immense stock range known as Eden valley and who has since purchased the Berry ranch, a portion of the Bennett ranch and some smaller properties which together front on Round valley road for nearly 25 miles, has been making many improvements upon his property. Mr. W. G. Henshaw himself is spending a year in Europe and his brother, Mr. Tyler Henshaw, head of the great machinery firm of Henshaw, Bulkeley & QP;; has planned the various changes. During the tenancy of the Sla vonian colony, and since, the buildings at Eden valley became badly dilapidated, The Henshaws have rebuilt and largely added to the house, making of it a handsome summer residence. Under the direction of Carl Purdy beautiful and spacious grounds have been laid off and planted, a fine new barn has been constructed with outbuildings and cottages. Excellent water works and sewers have been built and a large area in alfalfa planted. There are now fully 1700 cattle on the range with large numbers of other stock. Not the least of the improvements is a 14-mile private road over San Hedrin from Eden valley to Hearst, costing well towards $10,000 and a well equipped telephone line from Eden valley to Willits, a distance of 3C miles. The county is to be congratulated upon the incoming of a people who improve their property upon so liberal a scale. A more beautiful site than they have chosen for their country home could hardly have been selected.