Robert Mutch, Director GTE of Indiana
Sullivan Phone Is Purchased By General Acquisition of the Sullivan Telephone Company, Inc., by the General Telephone & Electronics Corporation has been announced in a joint statement from the two firms. John A. Harbaugh. a member of the family which has owned and operated the Sullivan utility since it was organized in 1903, and L. H. Meyer, president of General Telephone Company of Indiana, made the announcement. GTEC has acquired all the common common stock of the Sullivan Telephone Telephone Company and will operate its three exchanges—Sullivan, Graysville and Paxton. During a shareowners’ meeting this wreek the following directors were elected: John A. Harbaugh of Sullivan, and L. H. Meyer, W. A. McCullour, W. C. Rowland, Robert Mutch and R. C. Mitchell, all of Fort Wayne, and all officers officers of General Telephone Company Company of Indiana, Inc. The directors then elected L. H. Meyer, president; W. C. Howland, Howland, vice president, and Robert Mutch, secretary-treasurer. Sullivan Telephone Company, Inc., was organized and started doing business effective Oct. 1, 1903. Principal organizer was Washington W. Y. Harbaugh. Ownership and operation of the company has been continuously with the Harbaugh family.