J.A. Schas

kimbrelyholtom Member Photo

Clipped by kimbrelyholtom

J.A. Schas - Manager of Reno Track Is Here To Map Out Two...
Manager of Reno Track Is Here To Map Out Two Race Meetings J A Schas Figures on Prosperous Season for the Sport in Nevada Under the Racing Commission By FRED A PURNER J A Scha manager of the Reno race track is In San Francisco to get a lln on th racing situation Ho wa In conference with Jamea C Nealon eecfetary of th Ooldan date Thoroughbred Breedera Aaeoclatlon to ascertain what th local turfmen were going to do thla season In th way of promoting1 racing Nealon answered that the association was awaiting the return of President Charlea W Clark from tha East be fore deciding if a meeting would b programmed at the exposition of Tan - foran traek In Auguat or September Scha thought that possibly tho local association would consider putting putting on a meeting this month to keep the horsemen at present at Tijuana buey while the Lower California track waa being repaired Thla plan could not ba carried through Nealon explained because of the ahortneaa of Una REKO TO BE RACING CENTER The visiting turfmen declared that Bono waa going to bo active this - eon In ataglng racing The meetlnc held last summer wa o auccuafuU under the Jurisdiction of th Navada Racing Commission that It haa an - couragad the promotara In giving race on a larcer acala It 1 no - lbl that two meetings each of two weeks duration would be on the cards Just when they will be held Is Indefinite Reno la countlnc on attracting 4 many of the horses camnelanln at Tijuana and It la not known at mis tlm wbn th meeting In Lower California California will be resumed It tho track can be reopened the latter part of March aa President Coffroth confidently confidently expects Reno will follow Immediately Immediately after making tha opening probably In July It Is probable that another meeting would be staged - late In the fall In thla manner nougn race win n offered to th horsemen to keep their strings In th Far West The meeting meeting proposed her will fit In nicely and th associations are getting together together to arrange date so that thtr will b no confiieta COFFROTH LEAVES TONIGHT James - W Coffroth will leave tonight tonight for Carson Nv to attend the annual meeting bt the Lower California California Jockey Club He will aubmlt hi report and th director will talk over th plan for th reopening At preeent no definite date can ba set for It Is not known for certain when railroad and transportation facilities will b resumed btwn San Diego and Tijuana Th Jockey club bead pnt th day In visiting friend and teok a much - needed reat

Clipped from San Francisco Chronicle07 Feb 1916, MonPage 4

San Francisco Chronicle (San Francisco, California)07 Feb 1916, MonPage 4
kimbrelyholtom Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in