Clipped From The Checotah Times

bell0863 Member Photo

Clipped by bell0863

 - DISASTROUS FIRE DESTROYS HOME Residence and...
DISASTROUS FIRE DESTROYS HOME Residence and Contents of K. H. Shepherd Destroyed by Fire Early Friday Morning. One of the most disastrous fires that has occured in Checotah in a long time was that on early Fri day morning of last week residence of K. H. the south part of town, along with all contents, was-entirely consumed, consumed, /v Mr. Shepherd arose shortly after after 5 o'clock and started a fire in , . reek when the Shepherd, in a wood stove in the kitchen.. mg the door he room to dress. went to, another A few moments . . . „ . . , later he smelted smoke and on op- ening the k,tchen door he found the room enveloped in flames. He| aroused his wife and rushed up stairs to awaken the children who were stiirsleeping, barely having .time to get them out of the build ing before it was entirely envel oped in flames, as « strong wind was blowing from -the south. The flames spread from the kitchen to iV . . xl , and other parts of the budding rapidly that in coming down, the stairway Mr. Shepherd was severe ly but not seriously burned. No- thing whhtever was removed from the building which along with con- . . • , . f „ , tents was a complete loss. But Mr. Shepherd considers that they were fortunate.in all getting safe- Reply out of the burning building. ' The fire department was noti- T .. . • r Disrespect Tied as sopn as possible but before ™ • flames and their efforts were di rected the boys and truck- arrived the building was a seething mass toward saving adjoining f buildings.' The' home and contents were nartiallv covered by insurance,. if he will rebuild

Clipped from The Checotah Times04 Apr 1924, FriPage 1

The Checotah Times (Checotah, Oklahoma)04 Apr 1924, FriPage 1
bell0863 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in