Ransom Beckwith poisoning death

sbtaddei Member Photo

Clipped by sbtaddei

Ransom Beckwith poisoning death - Accidentally Poisoned, On the 31st ult., Ransom...
Accidentally Poisoned, On the 31st ult., Ransom Beckwith, a quiet, steady young man, 23 years of age, residing V Sraethport, McKean county, feeling unwell went into Armstrong & Co's store to get a stimulent. The bottle containing whiskey aud one containing aconite were on the same shelf, side by side; by mistake he took down the bottle of aconite and drank several swallows before le discovered his mistake. Medical aid was immediately summoned but he was beyond the power of human aid, and died in about twenty minutes. He was an unusually temperate young man, and was not, - and never had been la the habit cf using intoxicating liquors of any kind, and is viry highly spoken of by the neighbors. Cameron Herald.

Clipped from
  1. The Elk County Advocate,
  2. 19 Jun 1873, Thu,
  3. Page 3

sbtaddei Member Photo
  • Ransom Beckwith poisoning death

    sbtaddei – 07 Dec 2014

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in