William McAfee obituary (Schuylkill McAfee)
William McAfee, aged 47 years, was electrocuted at the mine of the Hamell Coal Co., near Bunola, this morning about 10:30 o'clock. Mr. McAfee, was assisting in placing some timbers a short distance from the opening of the mine, when in some manner he came in contact with the trolley, and the heavy voltage passed through his body. He was carried to the pit entrance in an unconscious unconscious condition by his companions companions and first aid treatment rendered. rendered. Shortly after Dr. Peterson was called, but the deadly fluid had done its work, and after making an examination examination he was pronounced dead. The body was brought to Bebout and Yohe's morgue and prepared for burial, burial, but as yet no funeral arrangements arrangements have been completed. The deceased had been a resident of this section nearly his life, and for the past 24 years had resided in Monongahela. He was a blacksmith by trade, and usually worked about the mines. At present the family resides resides in the W. T. Gregg house opposite opposite the old river bridge entrance. He is survived by his wife, Grace Boyd McAfee, one daughter Edith and one son Charles. His father who made his home with his family and one brother Charles McAfee, of near Finleyville, also survive.