Historic Decatur houses

dale_garvey Member Photo

Clipped by dale_garvey

Historic Decatur houses - 13. POWERS-JARVIS POWERS-JARVIS POWERS-JARVIS...
13. POWERS-JARVIS POWERS-JARVIS POWERS-JARVIS MANSION; 1910 357 W. Decatur St. One of Decatur's most distinctive distinctive homes, it was built in 1910 for Charles G. Powers, eldest son of Orlando Powers. Cost was estimated at $85,000. It purchased in 1939 by oil man Sam Jarvis. Almost monumental it had many influences of the Columbian Exposition and the of classical architecture. The

Clipped from The Decatur Daily Review03 May 1979, ThuPage 28

The Decatur Daily Review (Decatur, Illinois)03 May 1979, ThuPage 28
dale_garvey Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in