Tipton Tribune Tipton, Indiana 12 July 1957 Page 6
Goldsmith Mrs. Velva Purvis Bible school opened Monday at Goldsmith Methodist church. Forty Forty pupils are registered. Miss Kathrine Kathrine Phares is director. Cathy Stowers and Brenda Lynch Lynch are in charge of the pre-school group, Ramona Burgan and Jerry Huff, first and second; Conita Smith, Judy Smith, third and fourth. fourth. The fifth, sixth and seventh grade groups are being taught by Kay McFarland and Kathryn Phares. Phares. " A program will follow the closing closing of classes tonight at the church. Articles will be on display at ^:30 p. m. and the program will begin'at 8"p. 'm. The program will be open to the public. . Members of the Methodist Youth Youth Fellowship'.of 'Goldsmith Methodist Methodist church have returned from a week of worship, study and recreation recreation at Epworth Forrest,' Lake Webster. Attending were Kathryn Phares, Jerry Huff, Kay McFarland, Conita Conita Smith, Brenda Lynch, .Ann Brown, Walter .and' Charles Graham, Graham, Phil Burgan, Bill Smith and Billy Huff. Mrs. Bill Huff and Mrs. Clyde Smith accompanied the group to prepare their meals. Rev. Gene Critchfield and 'family also accompanied the group. Classes were conducted in the field of personal Christian living, understanding the Bible, 'history and organization of the church mission, interests and preporation for college. • In addition there were expres- sional interests such as choir, crafts, photography, drama, newspaper newspaper and recreation. Visitors Erpm here during the week were Mr. and Mrs. Robert Phares, Mrs. S. M. Cotton, Bill Huff,, Clyde Smith and son, Keith. Miss Ann McFarland returned Sunday from Lake Freeman at Monticello where she was guest for a week of Cyntha Phillips.