Clipped From The Inter Ocean

sdanna Member Photo

Clipped by sdanna

 - REALTY DEALS AID NEWS OF THE DAY Liquid...
REALTY DEALS AID NEWS OF THE DAY Liquid Carbonic Company to Erect a Plant With 1,000 Feet Frontage at Thirty-Third Street and Ked-zie Avenue on the South Branch. CALLED THE LARGEST FACTORY OF THE KIND IN THE WORLD i T a9hn H Tntrit n rhr Grmind at Southwest Corner of Michigan Avenue and Twelfth Street and Building Sold for $70,000. The Liquid Carbonic company is to build a mammoth plant on the south branch of the Chicago river at a cost of nearly $500,000. A tract of thirty-eight acres was purchased several weeks ago and to this has Just been added eighteen acres bought from Luke Coyne and others, affording a site of fifty-six acres. The main building will have a frontage of 1.000 feet. It will be six stories and basement high, making the largest plant of Us kind In the world. It will be constructed of re-enforced concrete. Ttie property Is located at the northwest corner of Thirty-Third street and Kedsie avenue, extending through to the river. In this, as In the other deals, the amount paid for the land is withheld. Title Is taken by Jacob Baur, president, and Oscar Baur, secretary and treasurer of the company. A deed has gone to record whereby the leasehold Interest In the ground at the southwest corner of Michigan avenue and Twelfth atreet, together with the five story and base-soent brick building located on same, la conveyed by William A. Cameron to Felix Bab-'" bage for a consideration of $70,000. The property fronts 60 feet on Michigan avenue and 170 feet on Twelfth street. The fee Is wned by the estate of Edgar A. Lord and is mnder a ground lease expiring; March 1, 1997, at a net annual rental of $7,000. The sale was negotiated by Rounds Wet ten, in connection with F. W. McKlnney. Land for a small park site at the southeast corner of North Sixty-Ninth and Humboldt avenues to the city of Chicago by Mrs. Emily O. -Rutherford. The tract contains a little more than four acres, lying Just south of Sayre park and near the Mount Claire school. The gift is conditioned on the perpetual use of the land for park purposes and that it shall be known as Rutherford park. Property at the southeast corner of Wilson and Kenmore avenues. 143x125 feet, has been leased by Thomas B. Jeffery to Elwin A. Roser for a term of ninety-nine years. The annual rental Is fixed at $2,000, In addition to taxes and the lessee agrees to erect a building to cost not less than $10,000 witbia eighteen months. The Antomobile Supply company has leased from Arthur B. Jones a three story building to be. erected at 1335 Michigan avenue at a cost of $75,000. The lease is for a term of years at an aggregate rental of $44,000. The lot has a frontage of 30 feet, with a depth of - 130 feet. Bowes Investment company and J. J. Harrington & Co. negotiated the deal.

Clipped from
  1. The Inter Ocean,
  2. 29 May 1909, Sat,
  3. Page 10

sdanna Member Photo
  • Clipped by sdanna – 27 May 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in