Horace Matthew Overholtzer chimney fire

jwhlkh Member Photo

Clipped by jwhlkh

Horace Matthew Overholtzer chimney fire - i ; | DAMAGE ALSO WAS slight at the site of the...
i ; | DAMAGE ALSO WAS slight at the site of the chimney fire—-the home of Horace Overholtzer, Yarnall Yarnall road. A daughter, Mrs. Ruth Fulmer, Fulmer, discovered the hla?,e inside inside the chimney, set by the woodstove leading to it. The family attacked the fire from the house by pouring water, baking soda and salt on the stove fire, which released carbon dioxide gas that helped smother the fire. Overholtzer and his son, Raymond. Raymond. put a ladder on the roof Rnd poured water from a hose down it. The fire was extinguished be- iorp firemen armed.

Clipped from The Mercury01 Jun 1950, ThuPage 11

The Mercury (Pottstown, Pennsylvania)01 Jun 1950, ThuPage 11
jwhlkh Member Photo
  • Horace Matthew Overholtzer chimney fire

    jwhlkh – 24 Jan 2016

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in