Robert Gower Norton

DX7590 Member Photo

Clipped by DX7590

Robert Gower Norton - - Deaik From Coat Oat. "lit. and Mrs. E. a....
- Deaik From Coat Oat. "lit. and Mrs. E. a. Norton, an old couple living in South Belvidere, were suffocated last week from Inhaling coal gas. lira. N orton aua on Bacoruay ana Mr. Norton on the nest day. As we learn, they returned from a visit to their son's on Thanksgiving Day. At night on retiring, the top of the hard coal burner, after being filled for the night, wss carelessly left a little one side, thus leaving a small aperture for the escape cfthagsa. The next y they were cot noticed about, tad the neighbors were attracted by the horse stamping in the fuuni gnj gnspickns WW uroatfd that sS tras not right in the house. The door was forced open and Mr. and Mrs. Nor ton were found lying In bed insensible. This was just at night They had Iain all that day and the nicht before in a room filled with the deadly gas. Medio al aid was at once summoned, but it was too late to fully resuscitate them. They partially revived under vigorous treatment, bnt soon relapsed into their condition. Mr. Norton was formerly a farmer on South Prairie. His age was 76 years his wife was a year or two older.

Clipped from The Belvidere Standard05 Dec 1882, TuePage 8

The Belvidere Standard (Belvidere, Illinois)05 Dec 1882, TuePage 8
DX7590 Member Photo
  • Robert Gower Norton

    DX7590 – 23 Jan 2016

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in