Logansport Pharos-Tribune Logansport, Indiana 17 Jul 1918, page 13
ducks; a fifty them served the GAS FUMES K MRS. HENSLEY Mrs. Catherine Heusley. widow of the late W. S. Hensley, met her .death this morning at 11 o'clock from' asphyxiation, at the home of her,,.sbn, Guy Hensley, 2130 High street'' Mrs. Hensley, who was 'JS'.years of | age, and who for 'two yg;Ws hail made her home with her~?bn, Guy, was in her room this morning and had gotten gotten from her bed for the purpose of filling a water bottle with warm water. In order to heat the water she had turned on the gas in a small heater heater in her room and then afier filling the bottle had gone back to bed. Presently members of the family who were seated upon the front porch, smelled the odor of gas, and upon investigation investigation found it coming from Mrs. Hensley's room. They opened the door and found the aged woman dead, death haying come apparently shortly before 11 a. m. A physician was called, called, but the victim of the accident was beyond aid. It appears that in an attempt to shut off the gas in the heater the nipple nipple had become dislocated, resulting as above described. Two sons survive her, Guy Hensley of this city, and Oscar V. Hensley of Cleveland, Ohio.