Clipped From Globe-Gazette
timber was still called Armstrong's grove. The first postoffice and store was located on a homestead on the old west boundary of Armstrong's grove and was called Armstrong Grove postoffice. Later, when the townships were marked, the township was named for the grove that was in it. So in 1892 when the town was built, the postoffice was moved north into the new town and the name was moved north with it. Mrs. E. B. Campbell, wife of an old homesteader at that time, claimed she suggested naming the town for the grove.