Clipped From The Tipton Daily Tribune
and Mr. Mr. and W. of all D. be PAGE THREE Knights of Columbus and is employed employed as a salesman through Illinois and the middle west. Loretta Weber, Bernard Parr United in St. John's Church Miss Loretta Marie Weber, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Samuel J. Weber, route 5, became the bride of Bernard J. Parr, son of James Parr, Elwood, Wednesday at 9 a. m. at St. John Catholic church. •• ! Palms, garden flowers and candles provided the setting for the single ring ceremony read by Father Clement koors, uncle of the bridegroom. . Sister Madonna', organist, played "Nuptial High Mass," "Ave Maria,"- and the traditional traditional wedding march. The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a white lace and net gown fashioned with a fitted bodice and tunic, a sweetheart sweetheart neckline, edged in ruffled lace and a long net train. Her fingertip veil had a halo of seed peals in orange blossom design. She wore pearls, a gift of the bridegroom, and carried a bouquet bouquet of white lilies and baby breath tied with white satin streamers. Mrs. Margaret Phifer, sister of the bridei was" matron of honor and wore a dusty pink marquisette |gown, fashioned with a low ruffled drop shoulder shoulder effect, ruffled edging hemline hemline and fitted bodice. She wore long blue mitts, trimmed in lace, and blue sandlas. She carried carried a bouquet of white and pink roses and baby breath with white lace and blue satin streamers. streamers. Her, headdress was white roses. Bridesmaids Wear Blue Miss Marjory Altherr, Tipton, and Miss Marietta Parr, sister of_ the bridegroom, Elwood, were bridesmaids' "and wore blue dotted swiss ! gowns fashioned with low ruffled drop shoulders, fitted bodice | and full skirts. They wore long pink mitts trimmed, in lace and both carried carried bouquets of pink and white roses with white lace streamers. streamers. Their headdresses were of I pink roses. | Lewis F. Weber, brother of the bride, was best man and Arnold Weber and Paul Koors were ushers. | The bride's mother wore a silk crepe print two-piece dress with navy accessories. Her corsage corsage was of white roses. Breakfast was served at Hotel Bonham in Elwood and bridal pictures werej taken in Elwood. A three - course dinner was served at 11:30 a. m. by the Rosary Rosary Society at the Knights of Columbus hall and at 8:30 p. m. a reception was held at the Knigts of Columbus hall. It was in charge of the Yoimg : j Ladies' Sodality of which the bride, was a member. The hall was decorated ' with summer flowers and Dick Regnier's orchestra orchestra furnished the music. Approximately 250 guests attended attended and out-of-town guests were Mrs. Agnes Shake of Terre Haute; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Weber Weber of Muncie; Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Shilders and Miss Emma Jean Ripberger of Anderson Mrs. Josephine Manthy of Dayton, Dayton, O.; Father Koors and Mrs. Rebecca Koors of Roanoke. For traveling the bride wore a navy bluej crepe suit with white accessories and had a cor i sage of a white orchid. Mrs. Parr was graduated from St. Joseph's academy in 1944, and Mr. Parr was graduated from Elwood high school, in 1941. He is!a member of the James Martin, Theresa Swinney Exchange Vows , Before an altar of palms, lighted candelabra and white gladioli. Miss Theresa Louise Swinney .daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur B. Swinney, route 5, became the bride of James Orville Martin, son of Mrs. O. F. Kelly of Grandview, at 2:30 p. m. Sunday at the University Presbyterian church on the campus campus of Purdue university at Lafayette. Lafayette. Rev. Richard Rasmusson Rasmusson performed the single ring ceremony. Mrs. Howard Anderson, organist, organist, played several traditional traditional bridal selections. The bride, given in marriage by. her father, wore a white satin gown fashioned with a fit-. ted lace bodice, a peplum edged with satin, and long fitted sleeves which tapered into points over her hands. Her fingertip veil of illusion fell from a. tiara of waxed orange blossoms. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli, centered with white gardenias. gardenias. Miss Phyllis Swinney, sister of the bride, was maid of honor. honor. She wore a rose ninette gown over satin, carried a colonial colonial . bouquet and wore a~ matching headdress. Miss Carolyn Swan, niece of the bridegroom, was flower girl. She wore an aqua net gown. Couple to Live in Chicago The bride's mother wore a grey dress with black accesories and had a corsage of roses. The bridegroom's mother wore a navy and white dress with navy accessories and had a corsage corsage of roses. Following the ceremony, a reception reception was held in the church parlor. Mrs. E. C. Denis, Mrs. Glen Newcom, Mrs. Robert Cummings, Mrs. Joe Swan and Miss Margaret Meyer served. Following a short wedding trip the couple will reside in Chicago where Mr. Martin is an electrical engineer in the communications division of the Western Electric. company. Mrs. Martin was graduated from Tipton high school and then from!Purdue university in October, 1945. She has been head resident in the women's residence hall at. Purdue. Mr. Martin was graduated from Purdue Purdue in December, 1942, and served with the armed forces in the southwest Pacific. Charles Wiles Weds Margaret Still Miss Margaret Still, of Indian-" apolis, became the bride of Charles Wiles, son of Joe Wiles, and brother of Mrs. Dwight Lynas.