Mary Lucretia Koenig Talboy wedding
Talboy-Koenlfc-Niiptials St. Mark's Church, Academy nnd Page boulevards, St. Louis, was the scene of the marriage of Miss Mary Lucrctia Koenig, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Phillip Koenig, former residents of Alton, and Lt. Glenn Ervin Tnlboy, son of Mrs. Waiter E. Talboy, Boise, Idaho, and the late Mr. Talboy, Tuesday, September 2.3. Msgr. John J. Sessnon performed the double ring ceremony nt 11 o'clock in the morning. The bride was attended by former classmates, Miss Frances Burgess of Chicago, mnid of honor. Miss Marian Reisch, Richmond Heights, Mo., and Miss Ruth Cox, Memphis, Tenn., were bridesmaids. The young women wore gowns of moss green velvet with matching plummed hats. The maid of honor carried bronze chrysanthemums tied with yellow ribbon, the bridesmaids carried yellow chrysanthemums tied with bronze ribbon. The bride wore a gown of ivory satin, with long sleeves, tight fitted bodice and a long sweeping train. Her veil of illusion was secured to a band of braided ivory satin and she carried a satin covered prayer book, ornamented with a white orchid and showeretl with streamers. Lt. Talboy was attended by Dr. Gilbert Wilhemus of Evansville, Ind., as best man. Dr. Delbert Landing of Twin Falls, Idaho, and Lt. Clarence Ward of Peoria were groomsmen. Frank Koenig, brother of the bride, and Jacob Schneider, cousin, served as ushers. A wedding breakfast, attended by 60 guests, was served at the Forest Park Hotel, St. Louis. The bride attended Harris Teachers' College, St. Louis, and received her B. S. degree from St. Louis University School of Nursing, last June. Lt. Talboy, an alumnus of the College of Idaho and St. Louis University Medical School, class of 1946. He completed his interne- ship at St. Louis City Hospital in June. The young couple left on a wedding trip through the east* Lt, Talboy is to report for duty with 'the Army Medical Corps at Camp Kilmer, N. J. He expects to be sent to the Caribbean.