Clipped From The Oneonta Star

dcorso7420 Member Photo

Clipped by dcorso7420

 - By JOHN LENGEL · Associated Press Writer...
By JOHN LENGEL · Associated Press Writer SAIGON (AP) -- South Vietnam's Vietnam's army in Saigon and 11 outlying provinces was ordered oh full alert Monday, apparently because incidents of the past three days convinced officials the enemy is about to launch a second big offensive against the 'capital. Key sources laid the alert to a case of war jitte;:s. A U.S. mis- lion spokesman said: "No alert or any warning has been issued to American personnel." Another source said U.S. mill- Itary police in Saigon had been told to exercise caution in the next few days. Marine guards the U.S. Embassy were briefed on Vietnamese intelligence reports, reports, but the source described this as routine. . Vietnamese intelligence reports reports asserted the attack would be with all the fury of the offensive in February that wrought havoc in Saigon. The alert seemed to put reliance on Operation Complete Victory, the biggest allied offensive offensive of the war now sweeping the 11 provinces around Saigon in an attempt to flush enemy forces.

Clipped from The Oneonta Star23 Apr 1968, TuePage 1

The Oneonta Star (Oneonta, New York)23 Apr 1968, TuePage 1
dcorso7420 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in