Clipped From The Emporia Gazette
Kan san Killed Thawing Dynamite Pitl-stnirg, Nov. 28 (/V)— Thawing out dynamite by the heat, of H liv- ingroom firo proved fatal Sunday to Mike Senkcveck, 50, n miner ol Gross, mining camp near here. Three others in the house, which was demolished tn the resulting blast, escaped with bruises. According to a story told to Sheriff Sheriff Leon Delamaicie, Senkevech, who operates a smalt mine near his home, had a box of dynamite near his stove to warm it and makfc the explosive effective in the sub-frera- ing temperatures. Heat or a spark from tho stove set off the explosive. THREK OTHERS BRUISED. John Mason, who works in the mine with the victim, Mrs. Senke- vech nnd her daughter were in other parts of the 4-room hotwe, but escaped escaped with bruises. Mason was blown about 50 feet, the sheriff said. Senkevech, who was attending the fire at tlie time, was killed instantly.