Skip to main content

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer Archive

  • Bridgeport, Connecticut
  • 19091922

About

The daily Bridgeport Evening Farmer, the Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer, and the weekly Republican Farmer trace their roots to the publishing world of 18th-century Connecticut.  This family of newspapers began in March 1790 in Danbury as the Farmers Journal and went through a number of name changes during the last decade of the century, becoming the Farmers Chronicle in 1793 and the Republican Journal in 1796.  From 1800 through January of 1803, and then again after September 1803, it was called the Farmers Journal.  For a few months from February to May or June 1803, under the leadership of a dynamic and determined editor named Stiles Nicholas, it was called the Farmer’s Journal and Columbian Ark.

Archive Info

  • 57,231
  • Bridgeport, Connecticut
  • 19091922

Source Information

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer, 1918–1922 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2024. Last updated: October 19, 2022

Recent Article Clippings

See All

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer
Bridgeport, Connecticut
 • Page 1
Clipped 
Obituary for Lamar Johnstone

Obituary for Lamar Johnstone

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer
Bridgeport, Connecticut
 • Page 21
Clipped 
John R. Nalley, Danbury, for OrdinanceDept., Springfield MA
Clipped 

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer
Bridgeport, Connecticut
 • Page 16
Clipped 

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer
Bridgeport, Connecticut
 • Page 8
Clipped 

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer
Bridgeport, Connecticut
 • Page 2
Clipped 

Archive Info

  • 57,231
  • Bridgeport, Connecticut
  • 19091922

Source Information

The Bridgeport Times and Evening Farmer, 1918–1922 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2024. Last updated: October 19, 2022