Janesville Daily Gazette, 9 May 1951

marigold50 Member Photo

Clipped by marigold50

Janesville Daily Gazette, 9 May 1951 - Janesville Man Treated ior Bums Btloif —...
Janesville Man Treated ior Bums Btloif — Painful thigh burns were suffered Monday by George Hinkle, 38. Janesville, when a spark from a cutting torch he was using set fire to his trousers. The accident occurred while he was at work at Mork Foundries, Inc. Hinkle was taken to Beloit hospital for treatnient to second and tliird degree bums' on his left thigh and some rope, bums under his left arm. It was reported he was working working about 10 "feet off the ground In a rope sling tied to a vertical steel beam. While cutting through the beam, a spark lodged on Ins clothing apparently unnoticed. It le believc-d a breeze fanned the spark and started the flames on tlie trouser leg.

Clipped from
  1. Janesville Daily Gazette,
  2. 09 May 1951, Wed,
  3. Page 10

marigold50 Member Photo
  • Janesville Daily Gazette, 9 May 1951

    marigold50 – 04 Feb 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in