Clipped From The Belleville Telescope
Ninety Years Ago (From The Telescope, May 17, 1883) Mr. W. A. Godard has placed in his drug store a fine new soda water fountain. It is of the most improved style and latest design and would be a credit to any first class establishment, which Mr. G. aims to keep, A literary organization at New Tabor is about to erect a building of their own. The old blacksmith shop on the southwest corner of the Square has been removed and preparations for the erection of a large brick or stone store room will be ~e(5mmetiic6d-by ~DrrCrTaylor £ft once.— The engineers engaged in surveying for the building of a branch of the B.&M. R.R. through this county left town Saturday last on their way to Salina. It is now predicted beyond a doubt that this line will be built this summer. City Marshal John Springer informs us that he is authorized by the City Council to take up and place in pound all stock lariated so that it cannot get out on any of the streets or highways within the City limits. All parties concerned will do well to bear this in mind. Pupils with perfect attendance at New .Tabor school for the month of May, 1883 were Mamie Ballard, Elsie Burke, Mattie, Cheney, Mollie Kuchera, Lottie Kasl, Flora Woodhouse, Anna Washichek, Anna "SrrpTLuHrThompson, Rosa Skocdopole;~by CJauda Ballard, Arthur Guy, Edward Lovenburg, Charlie Lovenburg, Willie Kuchera, John Washichek, Wesley Washichek. Josie Thompson, Teacher.