Steckley Shoe Store business moves from Half Century location. March 1916.
Steckley's Shoe Store, in One Location For Half Century, Is Moved The present trend of business improvement improvement in the city . of . Harrisburg is not limited to the downtown section exclusively, as is demonstrated by the announcement of William W. Steck - ley, manager of the Steckley shoe store, 404 Broad street. Mr. Steck ley announces that on or about the first of April the present location will be vacated and the business moved to the new store room, 1220 North Third street. The Steckley shoe store is one of Harrisburg's oldest business houses, having been established in 1867 by Matthew Steckley, father of William W. and Warren Steckley, the present owners. The business was begun in a small one - story frame building, on the site of the present location and was enlarged from time to time to meet the requirements of business expansion. expansion. The building was ' enlarged three times during the forty - nine years and now again the present facilities facilities have proved inadequate to handle the steadily increasing busi -