Bell Telephone dial conversion, Ottawa, 13 September 1940

john_grenville Member Photo

Clipped by john_grenville

Bell Telephone dial conversion, Ottawa, 13 September 1940 - New Dial Unit Is Being Installed In Ottawa Due...
New Dial Unit Is Being Installed In Ottawa Due to the continued growth in the number of telephones in Ottawa, a fourth unit of dial switching apparatus is being placed in operation tomorrow, according to M. B. Hamilton, district manager of the Bell Telephone Company of Canada.- Office No. S, as the fnit is called, is located in the dial centre building at Albert and O'Connor streets, which already houses the other dial offices. "Commencing Saturday, some new telephone subscribers in the dial area in Ottawa will be assigned circuits in office No. 5", Mr. Hamilton explained. "In other words, , these new numbers will begin with '5' for example 5-1551." The new unit will temporarily increase the number of telephone central offices, or "exchanges", in Ottawa to six. In addition to office No. 5, there are three other dial offices Nos. 2, 3 and 4 and two manual exchanges Nos. 7 and 8.

Clipped from
  1. The Ottawa Journal,
  2. 13 Sep 1940, Fri,
  3. Page 9

john_grenville Member Photo
  • Bell Telephone dial conversion, Ottawa, 13 September 1940

    john_grenville – 26 Dec 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in