Clipped From Harrisburg Telegraph
FATE STEPS IN AS FAMILY PREPARES TO MOVE INTO NEW HOME The irony of fate played tricks last night when the home of Clayton Clayton Manning, Dauphin,' burned to the ground as he was preparing to move furniture and household effects to his new home nearing completion. .The new and larger home . had been constructed about a hundred feet from the small one - story structure that he had been occupying with his family for several yeijrs. Manning several years ago built a small house on the mountainside mountainside at Dauphin. During the summer summer he decided to build a new and larger home. Plans were made and the house almost completed for occupation. The family expected to occupy it Saturday. :' The fire destroyed everything the family owned excepting the clothing they wore and It sent them destitute . into ' the night. Neighbors took them in and this morning started a canvass to help furnish the new home and clothe the family, which consists in addition addition to the parents of girls, three, six and nine years. By the time the Dauphin fire department ' had reached the scene the flames had made such headway headway that it was impossible to save any of the property. It is thought the fire started from an overheated stove in the kitchen of the old house.