1965 Jun 3 Robert Korneisel owner-Laundry destroyed by fire
Fire destroys Britt laundry; $20,000105$ BRITT—The self-service him ry here was destroyed by fir uring a heavy rain Wcdncsda ight. The alarm was turned in a p.m. by I wo customers who) vcre in the building. Mrs. Emna Emna Francis and Mrs. Emma 3utls said they first saw flames n back of the dryers. Firemen said heavy smoke irobably was caused by the o a p and washing powders torecl in the rear of the build- ng. The origin of the fire was lot determined. Robert Korneisel, owner, said 'hursday morning, "We have lot been able to get in to make n estimate of the damage but t will be about 520,000." The six-year-old brick build- ng is the newest on Britt's main trcct. The walls arc still stand- ng but the roof is partially jonc. Some windows in the niilding were broken but 'the argc plate glass windows in ront are still intact.