All View blt 1905

sccmarie Member Photo

Clipped by sccmarie

All View blt 1905 - J. the day Chin-nock the the at of of...
J. the day Chin-nock the the at of of Al-hambra, his Palatial Mead House, Other Homes Are Sold Eager Demand for Redlands Properties Seen By Realtors as Deals Are Announced ' Purchase of one of Redlands' fin est homes by eastern buyers was announced yesterday among numer ous transactions reflecting a lively demand for residential properties The Lorin C. Mead home on Knoll road has been sold to Mr. and Mrs David A. Jayne, of Charleston, W. Va., said Realtor Melvin L. Hooper, who represented both parties to the transaction. Mr. and Mrs. Jayne have a daughter, Mrs. Walter S. Fulton, who 'resides at 935 East Central avenue with her husband and daughter. COST WAS $80,000 The three-story, three-story, three-story, 12-room 12-room 12-room resi dence, known as "All View," was purchased a year ago by Mr. Mead at the same time that he bought the Redlands Country club. Mr, Mead recently entered army service and Mrs. Mead returned to her for mer Chicago home. The lot on sists of 4.69 acres planted to citrus trees and ornamentals. The home was built in 1905 by Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Hicks at a cost of $80,000. Charles T. Paine purchased it in 1928 from Mrs. Hicks and resided there until two years ago, when the University of Chicago acquired the property. Mr. Mead, retiring from business in Chi. cago, then purchased it. OTHER HOMES SOLD Two other Redlands homes are affected in a newly completed transaction. Gerald D. Snider's resi dence at 507 South Buena Vista street was sold to David Rettig, of 128 Center street, in a deal negotiated negotiated by Norton Hazeldine and Harvey Miller, brokers. Mr. Miller also nan died a deal in which Mr. Snider purchased the home of Comdr. Wil liam L. Shields, recently built at 1235 Monterey A, Commander Shields is building another residence residence at Center street and Cedar avenue. Several other residential deals were announced by Melvin L. Hooper Hooper and Fred Hooper as follows: The home of Prof, and Mrs, W. B, Olds, 805 North University street, was sold to Commander and Mrs. Thomas Baxter, U.S.N., retired, who came to Redlands from Applegate, California. Mrs. Josephine Stone and Mrs. Mary A. McLendon sold their duplex duplex at 325 Cajon street to Mr. and Mrs. John C. Garrow, who have taken possession. MOVE FROM COAST Mr. and Mrs. C. R. Crusan have sold their two-story two-story two-story home, 15 Grant street, to Mr. and Mrs. Robert H. Turney, who are moving to Red-lands Red-lands Red-lands from the coast. Mr. and Mrs. J. S. Smith's home at 320 West Brockton avenue has been sold to Mr. and Mrs. Winifred Jeffcoats, recently of Texas. Miss H. F. Smallegan, Riverside, has sold to Mr. and Mrs. Rex H. Burns the property at 315 West Lu-gonia Lu-gonia Lu-gonia avenue. Mr. and Mrs. Carroll M. Crane have purchased the fully furnished home at 522 Walnut avenue from Mrs. George Gardner. Deals announced by Realtors Ful-brlght Ful-brlght Ful-brlght & Brewster are as follows: Gerald A. Smith of Bloomington has purchased for a home a 6-room 6-room 6-room modern stucco house at 630 Linda place from George W. Kepllngor. Mr. Smith is principal of the Warm Springs Grammar school. ACQUIRES NEW HOUSE Harry E, Dotson has bought a practically new 6-room 6-room 6-room house at 930 College avenue. Mr. Dotson plans to landscape the grounds and make it hie home. This was formerly owned by Mrs. Mary E. Hnlzdo. Cecil F. Kltchln of the Plant Food Corp, S16 Orange street, has ac quired a 5-room 5-room 5-room house and two acres improved with deciduous fruit trees at 296 Yueaipa boulevard for a home. It was purchased from H. S. Ealy. Fred F. Strom is the new owner of a 5-room 5-room 5-room house at 930 Orange, which was purchased from Frank B. Honigfort. Mr. Strom and family will make this their home. Arthur B. Amet, of Beaumont, has purchased a 6-room 6-room 6-room house at 208 West Olive. This place will be reconditioned for a home. This was bought from the estate of Elsie B. Keagle. George W. Martin has purchased for a home the 6-room 6-room 6-room house at 309 Division street. Mr. and Mrs. Martin Martin have been renting the property. This was purchased from Jack Claborn of Tustin. Mrs. Bessie B. Kingsley is the new owner of a 6-room 6-room 6-room house at 821 Washington street including all the furniture. This formerly belonged to the estate of Mrs. Elizabeth A. Putnam. YUCAIPA DEALS MADE Redlands and Yueaipa properties also changed hands in deals negotiated negotiated by J. D. Inman, Dike & Co. broker. About an acre and a quarter, improved improved with house and other building building on Highway 99, five miles east of Redlands, was sold by Maurice Schumacher to H. M. Reilly, Long Beach, who plans to improve it. A tract of 3 acres unimproved at the southeast corner of Eighteenth street and Avenue E in Dunlap Acres, Yueaipa, was sold by Mr. Schumacher to Bill DeHaan, Red- Red- lands, who plans to Improve it. Residential property on Avenue C and Yueaipa boulevard was sold to Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Pointon, Riverside, who plan to make it their home. It was occupied for 12 years by Mr. end Mrs. E. P. Southworth, who have moved into the house at 1505 West Fern avenue, purchased from Mrs. R. A. Covington. Dr. E. M. Gottschalk, Bakersfield, has purchased unimproved land on South Third street from the Red-lands Red-lands Red-lands & Yueaipa Land Co. and plans to plant walnuts and plums. Mr. Inman has sold five acres in Dunlap Acres which he owned, improved improved with a house, to Earl Pierce, Maywood, who phlns to move there later. The residence at 623 Lawton street, owned by T. R. Rex, has been sold to Mauro Romo, and one at 1103 Clay street, owned by Richard Richard M. Boyer, to L. A. Young, who lives at 312 East Olive avenue, and purchased it for an investment INSURANCE FIRM SELLS Fulbrieht Sc Brewster announced that eager demand for Redlands homes had resulted in the sale of all 38 properties formerly owned by the Equitable Life Assurance society. Orval R. Huffman, a large orange grower, is new owner of 18 West Highland avenue, which consists of a large house, including the furniture, furniture, end an acre of highly Improved ground. This was purchased from Charles L. Koelsche, formerly aj chemistry teacher in the high school and now with the U.S. government as food and drug Inspector. The property was purchased for an In vestment and has been leasea to Mrs. J. E. Blackwell of the military academy recently located on The Terrace. Kenneth F. Rich, local merchant, has purchased a five-room five-room five-room stucco house at 1131 West Cypress avenue. This was bought for a home. .The property belonged to Al Schram of the Redlands Safety Service, of the It, the oil the nan at S. Isle in 6 at ble all the An were San Ma-ble and. and a Mrs. of

Clipped from The San Bernardino County Sun22 Nov 1942, SunPage 12

The San Bernardino County Sun (San Bernardino, California)22 Nov 1942, SunPage 12
sccmarie Member Photo
  • All View blt 1905

    sccmarie – 07 Dec 2014

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in