Clipped From The Ludington Daily News
the work. Services Are Held f or A. E. Rutty Funeral services were held on Friday afternoon from the Stephens Funeral chapel for Albert E. Rutty, who had passed In B. to church in at his home March 9. Rev. M. Lawson, pastor_of the Washington avenue Baptist Ludington had I charge of the service. He quoted several passages of Scripture concerning the darkness of the world and the lives of men until the light of Jesus Christ, comes to all who will accept him. Mrs. Ward Pratt, playing her own accompaniment, sweetly sang "Ivory Palaces" and "Lead Kindly Light." Albert E. Rutty was born in Ingham county, May 20, 1863, the son of Mr. and Mrs. H. M. Rutty. When only a small boy he came with his parents to Baldwin and when he was 10 years old the family moved to the farm three miles south of Scottville, in Riverton township, S. where he has since lived. , f\fn f\f of In On April 26 1898 he was mar- j fn Mice Anm TJplqnn find ! to MISS Anna JNClSOn ana to they went at Once tO hOUSekeep- | ing on the farm where they won for themselves a place in the community, helping when needed in any way possible, possible, bearing the . hardships of the early settlers, as their farm was made from the forest land. Two children were born to them Hazel, Mrs. Heman Schreur of Gaylord, Mich,, and Marvel now Mrs. Kenneth Parker of Sugar Grove. Mr. Rutty -was an active fat. icr until two years ago when his health failed and he had been confined to his home since that time, where he was tenderly cared for by his wile and daughters, who came to help the mother. Five weeks before his death he had been confined to his bed. Adding to the sorrow of the family the mother was taken seriously ill the morning Mr. Rutty passed away and has been a patient at the Ludington hospital since. Her condition is grave. Pallbearers were Stephen Darke, Roy Young, Harry Gifford, Gifford, John Griffin, William Thurow and Albert Langfelt, all neighbors of Mr. Rutty. Besides the widow and daughters daughters there are four grandchildren, grandchildren, Harold Schreur of Gay lor, and Richard, Doris and Lois Parker of Sugar Grove. Mr. Rutty was laid to rest in Brookside cemetery. Those coming from away for the funeral other than the daughter and family were Mr. and Mrs. Harley Kadwell and Mrs. Clemenshaw of Chase, Mich.