That roadd to Redlands 1896
THAT ROAD TO REDLANDS. TUB CITV THISTKKS DKCIDI FINISH TDK WORK. TO A Better Uicbway ltrtween That Town and San llernardluo Epworth League Notes. Redi.akps, Nov. 12. (.Regular Correspondence Correspondence of Tim Sun.) The important important question before the City Trustees at the meeting last night was the Highlands Highlands road. F. U. Nof.iger representing representing tho chamber of commerce of this city, was present and stated that the county was in earnest on its end of the line. After a long discussion which took up the greater part of the session, it was ordered that the city street su perintendent put on a sufficient force at once to complete the work agreed to be done upon the road by the city. Some time ago the chamber of com merce railed by popular subscription a uout x.kiu, Willi winch the right oi way was purchased for extending Orange street due north from Pioneer street through Mr. Gore's ranch over the south bluff of the Santa Ana wash. This right of way being secured, the city some time ago agreed to cut down the blull and grade a passage to the north line of the city. At last the county is at work with six teams and a large force of men clearing the way from the north line of the city at tins point to unee Line. Accordingly the city liaa decided to do its part at once and Redlands and San Kernardino people will now see the fulfillment of a long felt want, viz: a respectable road way between the two cities. ihe proprietors of Harlem and Kabel springs will alno be pleaeed, as this road will bung many a picnic partv which stayed away before on account of the stretch of dust, rock and sand which stood as a barrier to comfort in passing back ana forth.