Fort Zeller reunion June 5 1924 Lebanon Semi-weekly News
ZELLER DESCENDANTS TO MEET AT HISTORIC SPOT, NEAR NEWMANSTOWN The .board of governors of the Fort Zeller Memorial Society announced announced that the 201st reunion of tho Zeller and allied families will be held at Fort Zeller, Lebanon county, near the Sheridan station, Saturday, June 14. The reunion is to-be an all*day affair. Those arriving arriving in the morning will be greeted greeted and there will be a get-together session until noon. At 12:30 a program of exercises will be held. There will he addresses addresses by Gaylor M. Saltzgbaer, Van Wert, O., commander-in-chlef of the G. A. R.; Dr. George P. Donc- hoo, Coudersort, on the subject "Indian Tribes and Trails o£ the Susquehanna;" Attorney Harry F. Kantner, Reading; Edwin J. P. Zeller, Newmanstown, and B. Morris Strauss, Shoemakersville. There will also be historical addressee by the president and historian of the society. society. Frank M. teller, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, is president, and. H. Harvey Schoch, Selinsgroye, is secretary. Mrs. Robert Lowrie, Philadelphia, is the* treasurer. The fort was built in 1745 by John Heinrich Zeller. It is situated on the old Indian trail, near Newmanstown. Newmanstown. The following members of the society will attend and participate: participate: ,' John G. Zeller, Mrs. James Barlow Barlow Cullum, Gaylord M, Saltzgabor, Walter M. LeFevre, Henry Bucher Swope, 2nd, Miss Janet E. Houtz, Mrs. E. A. Chastney, Mrs. H. J. McAteer, McAteer, Amraon feller Schoch, George J. Zeller, Mrs. Maranda Zeller Althouse, Althouse, Harry F. Kantner, Rev. George A. Zeller, Mrs. Samuel Porcher. Porcher. Dr. Paul J. Pontius, B. Morris yey, George M. H. Good, Edwin A. Keller, Wilson B. Zoller, J. Paul Zeller, John B. Packer, Edwin Zeller, Zeller, Jacob P. Zeller. BEHNEY BROTHERS PURCHASED ANDREWS WHOLESALE BUSINESS The Behney brothers, who have been operating a fruit and general provision business on South Eighth street, for several years, have taken over the H. A. Andrews wholesale fish and provision business, on Cumberland Cumberland street. Donald Bonney 1 will assume. charge of. the wholesale wholesale business, and his brother, W. C. Behney, will continue the/retait business. The establishments -will be run as a unit, however,-by.-the firm. Many friends wish the you7ig men "great success. JOINED IX WEDLOCK BYETiS— MEXGEU Father .Strickland, rector ,ot St. Mary's Catholic church, on Mouday. married Warren J. Byers, plumneY, son of Franklin Bysrs, of 23-4. Lehman street, and Masgie May Mongol , of 433 Walnut street; • a daughter of the late Charles Mengcl. The Rev. Father J. L. Stump, rector -of St. Gertrude's Catholic church, East Lebanon, cm Monday married John I^eonard, son of Stephen Stephen Leonard, of 104 Piast Weidman* street, and Iva Fink, daughter of Frank. A. Fink, of 26 East Lehman, street .