Robert Dailey, president of Wool Growers Coop

eejjennings Member Photo

Clipped by eejjennings

Robert Dailey, president of Wool Growers Coop - To Pay Support Price For Wool Already Consigned...
To Pay Support Price For Wool Already Consigned F L A N D B E A U , Aug. 14.-South 14.-South .Dakota wool growers who consigned their wool for marketing marketing through the Cooperative Wool Growers of South Dakota will receive receive the support price under the government wool purchase program, program, according to a statement by Robert Dailey, president, here today. Dailey said, "The price to the grower will be the same as was received last year with allowances allowances only for differences in grade and condition of the wool." The 1946 average price to grow: grow: e-; in Ff-"- ^ - " " "" " 43 cents in eastern South. Dakota to 48 cents in western South Dakota, Dakota, as reported by United States government sources. Dailey also reported that 75 per cent of South Dakota's growers marketed wool through his association association and 80 per cent of that number consigned (or pooled) through organization facilities, thus guranteeing their rights under under the new wool program.. The remaining 20 per cent preferred] to sell outright for cash. The general South Dakota cash price during the lapse in the government government purchase program, between between Anril 1= »'n j *·.-.--* -which -which covers the shearing season, averaged ,../ ce;.... . . t South Dakota. Western South Dakota prices remained at approximately approximately the same level as 'ast year's government price. The new government wool pro- gram begins Aug. 15, according to government officials. At that time all wools purchased for will again come under the program. program. All wool consigned to the association association are now being graded in its Minneapolis warehouses awaiting sale to the government, Dailey said. Shower Compliments Willow Lake Woman WILLOW LAKE, Aug. 14.--A miscellaneous . shower honored] Mrs. Clifford Johnson at the of Mrs. Hannah Johnson Tues-| at day afternoon, with several of honoree's aunts as hostesses. The guest of ho'nor received many gifts. Following a social afternoon, lunch was served.

Clipped from The Daily Plainsman14 Aug 1947, ThuPage 10

The Daily Plainsman (Huron, South Dakota)14 Aug 1947, ThuPage 10
eejjennings Member Photo
  • Robert Dailey, president of Wool Growers Coop

    eejjennings – 16 Sep 2013

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in