Clipped From The Evening Sun
| j WENTZ’S MEETING HOUSE BOUGHT FOR MEMORIAL Wentz’s meeting house, known as Ml. Zion Church of the United Brethren in Christ, located a half- mile west of the Sheppard-Myers dam in West Manheim township, was offered at public sale Saturday afternoon by the trustees. It was purchased by Curvin Wentz, Spring Grove road, for $75. It is planned to repair and preserve the structure as a memorial for use for the annual Wentz family reunions. The building was erected in 1860. The original trustees were Philip Wentz, John Wentz and Benjamin Wentz. No services have been held in the meeting house for the past sixteen years. The burial grounds were reserved. An extra lot of ground was purchased by William Krebs, Hanover, for $4.50. J. H. Markle was auctioneer and Curvin Wentz acted as clerk.