Four years old babe was burned to death
FOUR YEARS OLD BABE WAS BURNED TO DEATH WHILE ANGUISEED MOTHER ATTEMPTED TO SAVE IT. A frightful accident happened Friday afternoon about 1 o'clock at the country country home of Mr. and Mrs. Ora Eakins, who live a mile east of Point Isabel, a country village 12 miles northwest of Elwood. Mr. Eakins was absent from home at the time, and the wife and mother was looking after some work outside the house, having left her three children children within. The kitchen stove became overheated overheated and set fire to the woodwork, and in a few minutes the house was in flames. When Mrs. Eakins saw the smoke pouring from the windows arid under the eaves, she rushed Into the burning building and succeeded in rescuing her two months old baby, and her six years old son, Basil. Then she returned for her four years old son, Willie, who was still in the house, but the flames beat her back, and when the neighbors, who had been attracted to tho scene, arrived, the mother was herself in a very critical condition from the burns she had received, received, nearly all the hair having been burned from her head.