16—Algona, (la.) Upper Des Moinet Tuesday, Oct. 10, 1967 New Owners Take Over Zender Clothing Store Sale of Zender*s Clothing Store in Algona was announced this week. The business, established here in 1922, was sold to George Keleher of Belmond, who will operate the store, and Don McAdams of Estherville. Both men have been associated with men's clothing business for a number of years. Mr. McAdams presently operates a men's clothing store at Estherville and Mr. Keleher ran a similar business at Belmond and has been in the clothing business for 21 of his 41 years. He is a native of Eagle Grove. He and Mrs. Keleher are parents of two children, Georgia, 18, and Tim, 9. The sale was made by Gene Zender, who had owned and operated the business in recent years. In the above picture Mr. Keleher is at the left and Mr. McAdams at the right, with Gene Zender in the center. The firm of Zender and Caldwell was established here in 1922, in its present location on State street. In 1938 Frank Zender, father of Gene, acquired the Caldwell interest, and following Frank's death Gene took over the business. The sale was effective Oct. 2. The Zenders have no plans for the immediate future at present. The new owners plan substantially the same lines of men's, and boy's clothing and shoes as in the past. They will operate under the name of Keleher-McAdams clothing. Buffalo Center Gets New Plant Contracts have been signed between representatives ofSha- far Bros. Manufacturing Company of Fort Dodge and Hardy Jordal for leasing of quarters In Buffalo Center for expansion of the firm's fiberglass works. Included in the lease were three quonset-type buildings located in the northwest part of town. The largest, 40 1 x 100* steel (juonset, is to be renovated completely allowing office quarters and manufacturing space for the company products. The two smaller buildings, 20* x 100 1 , are tentatively scheduled for storage use after actual manufacturing gets underway here. Major output of the firm is a fiberglass tank, of various sizes, for Walsh Manufacturing of Charles City Introducing A NEW NAME TO THE ALGONA AREA Keleher McAdams Clothing (formerly lender's) our .,, fee affiliated w«h the W and Jobbers, Inc., Horthv ,est Buyers and are and and g rot; , . *«——**•"
What members have found on this page
Get access to Newspapers.com
- The largest online newspaper archive
- 11,200+ newspapers from the 1700s–2000s
- Millions of additional pages added every month