Frank Dill Jr

CatherineDill Member Photo

Clipped by CatherineDill

Frank Dill Jr - Booklet to Be Relessed In Summer Celebration 27...
Booklet to Be Relessed In Summer Celebration 27 Four Boyertown residents (Saturday through Tuesday. ' The Boyertown “lock-up prepared a booklet “A Walk The booklet was written by ¡located in the Town Ha Through Turn of the Century Holly Green, 41 S. Reading S. Reading Ave., Boyertown. Boyertown,” which will be Ave., Boyertown; Frank Dill was named Fort Lehman for released during the Boyertown Jr., 49 E. Philadelphia Ave.,¡“Professor Lehman,” it’s first Summer Fescht celebration Bovertown. and Mrs. Margaret occupant. Hamer, MO Highalnd Ave., Bally lions Club Boyertown, and illustrated byijn booklet still are Installs Officers Marian Borneman, Drive. Boyertown. 146 . . All of the buildings described *>y in the booklet still are standing Crest and can be located with the aid of a map of Boyertown drawn The boo klet features by Mrs. Borneman. Officers were installed at a . meeting of the Bally Lions Club. Ascriptions and histories of Thev were the Rev. James more ^an 50 Boyertown MohrJ president; James Geh- buildings which date to the 19th man, first vice president; Bruce (orvturv- Conway, second vice president; Among buildings described in Roger Bauman, third vice !/]c ^^let is the residence of Willard Schultz ,s ,s"f S,|iluffer- 209 *• Monroe St., Boyertown. Thc Heckman. land 1 on which her house stands president; secretary; Garnet treasurer; Kenneth Stephens. . . . ... tail twister; Kenneth Kourv. ™\pUrch?!!? by Abraham lion tamer Stauffer in 1763 from the Potts Named directors were Jerry in,"? Carly Younis. Charles Beni,el,I. James ^nn’ylvan a inn mdustp'. Bev and Claude Fritch. Ther, Lewis Bennet Claude Fritch propcrt,!f was bu,,t before 1806 and Paul Schultz were accepted ^ ^^ffer pioneers. Jacob as mpmhrrc and bU,lt hoUses 00 whaf as members. ____________ js pmv Wff| ,>hlladelphiil Avenue. The Reformed Church is reputed to h ave housed the second oldest bel manufactured in the United States. 1763. The church is now known as Good Shepherd United Church of Christ. 35 W. Philadelphia Ave ,1 Boyertown. A tol Ihouse once was located in front of 427 E. Philadelphia Ave., where money was collected from tarvelers who were charged for the use of the road. Many people know that Boyertown was the scene of a prosperuos cigar industry, but ihw people realize that C & J Cigars, manufactured at 215 E. Philadelphia Ave., were the product of two early Boyertown liberationists. Caroline and Julia Wartman. 10-Year Reunion Planned by (lass Thc class of 1963 of Boyertown Boyertown Area High School will host a 10 -vear reunion Sept. 8 at the Elks Home. 61 High St. Members of the class who did not graduate were invited to attend. Interested persons may contact Mrs. Sylvia Morrell Gilbertsville RD 1. or Mrs. Joan Weiss. 54 Arrowhead Ave., Boyertown. The reunion committee Is seeking the addresses or information information on the following classmates: Judith McBane Brunner and Mabel Wanner. Boyertown Classified Thank You Not«» 2A NO jSf< <

Clipped from The Mercury14 Jun 1973, ThuPage 13

The Mercury (Pottstown, Pennsylvania)14 Jun 1973, ThuPage 13
CatherineDill Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in