Clipped From The Escanaba Daily Press
expected very soon. Two Weeks Pass Since Baby Boy Swallowed Toy Cincinnati. O., Dec. 29—(>P>— Exactly two weeks ago today Frank Brooks. 18 months old Asco. W. Va . baby, swallowed a toy motorcycle which lodged In his throat while eating a package of popcorn. Throughout those fourteen days all efforts of surgeons surgeons to remove the plaything, which at times has nearly chok- » m 1 i he child to death, have beeu unsuccessful. Since accidently swallowing the toy. the child’s physical condition condition weakened and pneumonia developed. No effort to probe for the toy has been made during the last week, surgeons having elected elected to await the child s recovery from pneumonia. Still in a critical condition from partial strangulation. the boy was said by hospital authorities authorities here to have remained the sume today. His condition yesterday yesterday however, was reported as •greatly improved" by surgeons over that of the preceding day. Nurses at the hospital said the child was in a fair condition to recover from pneumonia. An operation operation to remove the toy will be attempted when the pneumonia stage has passed.