John E. Sattler dies from asphyxiation

callintad Member Photo

Clipped by callintad

John E. Sattler dies from asphyxiation - i - f - Couple Who Occupied Rooms on Water...
i - f - Couple Who Occupied Rooms on Water Street Met a Strange Fate, Emma Boyle Being Found Lifeless and Her Paramour Unconscious and in a Helpless DEAD, AIIB-DIG. AIIB-DIG. AIIB-DIG. ill . (AS 4 . "The death of Mrs. Emma Boyle was due to asphyxiation, caused by- by- . e 11 " opa gas stove." coroner Davidson. This verdict verdict was rendered Tuesday afternoon . and the coroner stated that no inquest inquest would be held. , i - ii i It was a tragedy ofhope!es3 love t remained in their room all day Sun-that Sun-that Sun-that met the eyes of John Wires of 1 day .excepting Sattler was out In the 199 Water street, when, alarmed by mormng to get the woman's break- break- their-silence, their-silence, their-silence, he opened the door , ,u eemi15 ,,ce woman Monday afternoon and found his two f m 1 ". roomers, the 'man unconscious in a i no further attention was naM tn tha chajir" and the woman dead upon the! couple until late Monday afternoon. bed, the result of asphyxiation from the-fumes the-fumes the-fumes of a small gas stove. In the dim, murkish light cast by the stove, Wires, - discerning the motionless forms, placed his hand upon the woman's shoulder before he realized the tragedy which had been enacted. The coroner was Immediately notified, notified, and the man, who was identified as John E. Sattler, aged 36, formerly of Ashland, - and unmarried, was taken in Parks' ambulance to the City hospital. The body of the woman was taken to Park6' morgue, where it was stated stated that sfie had been dead for an hour. After an investigation, the police announced that they believed the body to be that of Mrs. Emma Worthing, a domestic. The coroner and the police continued the investigation, investigation, however, but it was not until until Tuesday morning, when Mrs. Worthing called at the rftprgue on the coroner's Invitation, that sh Identified the unknown woman as j notified Emma Boyle, who formerly lived! when Mr.' Wires decided to call them. On getting to xesponse, be opened the door and found the woman woman dead upon the bed,-while bed,-while bed,-while Sattler was unconscious itv a chair close by. Sattler has lived in Akron for five years, being employed most of thai time at the local branch of tbe Well man-Seaver-Morgan man-Seaver-Morgan man-Seaver-Morgan man-Seaver-Morgan man-Seaver-Morgan company. Hia last position was as fireman at the ARron .Arcade, which he gave up last Saturday. He met the Boyle woman nearly three years ago. Last year the worn an s husband left her. It is known to neighbors that she intended I to marry Sattler if she should secure a divorce. "Jne woman was first Iden- Iden- tmed by means of a receipt found ln'-- ln'-- ln'-- Sattlers pocket last night. After tbe autopsy Tuesday tnornji ' ing Coroner H. S. Davidson state! that death wa3 caused by a.sprryxia- a.sprryxia- fion. 'At the hospital It was said that there was no chance for Sattler's recovery. recovery. His mother at Ashland was of the accident. Asphyxiation Only. with her husband and four children i .The mystery as to the cause In this city. Two years ago the Boyle death made it neressary to make a woman separated from her husband, ; post-mortem post-mortem post-mortem examination of the body said to be a canal driver. of the Boyle woman. Coroner Dav- Dav- Sattler, It was said at the hospital idson, assisted by Dr. Morgan I I Tuesday noon, has no chance of re- re- j Hunt. Interne at tiff City hospital covery, being in a worse condition held the autopsy at Parks morni than when he entered the institution ; Tuesday morning at 9 o'clock. T Monday night He is not expected ; woman's stomach was empty, and to live throughout the day. J traces of inorson were fotrnd. 6n; . Sattler Engaged Rooms. count of the color and fluidity of ' Corn 1A Q xt nftor'nAAn C? r f 4 1nt I " Kl rn A r e vVi w1 wnt his boarding house at 47 South Sum-! Sum-! Sum-! and on account of the lack of cr 9 mit street, and later engaged a room from C. H. Wires of 119 Water street. In the evening he returned, bringing the woman-with woman-with woman-with him. They the doctors settled . f - '.rdic?.ttons this cause Sattler's symptoms, "the " said, indicated asphyxiation

Clipped from The Akron Beacon Journal17 Dec 1907, TuePage 1

The Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)17 Dec 1907, TuePage 1
callintad Member Photo
  • John E. Sattler dies from asphyxiation

    callintad – 15 Jan 2017

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in