SA EXPRESS, 23 AUG 1977, PG 8

DRCastillo55 Member Photo

Clipped by DRCastillo55

SA EXPRESS, 23 AUG 1977, PG 8 - S.A. auto crashes claim two lives Separate...
S.A. auto crashes claim two lives Separate traffic accidents accidents early Monday claimed the lives of two San Antonians. One accident was caused when the vehicle went out of control on a road made slippery by water from a broken main and the other occurred occurred at an intersection, according to police re-' ports. Dead are .Jerome M. Donzis, 55, of 434 Rock* hill Drive and Russell Kotara, 17, of 92(10 Old Gardner Circle. The accident in which Donzis was killed oeurred about midnight at Country Lane and Kenilworth Street. Collision The vehicle driven by Donzis and one owned by Herman Fred Staaeke, 18. of 527 Country Lane were in collision at the intersection Staaeke was arrested and charged with possession possession of barbiturates and public intoxication. He was released on $615 bonds set by Night Magistrate Magistrate Manuel Lopez. In the other accident, which occurred about 1:30 a.m. Monday, a vehicle vehicle driven by Vincent Carl Jones, 23, of 3030 Bluefield Drive, slid off the road and landed in a drainage ditch after hitting hitting a large tree. The street was wet from a broken water main, police police said. Pinned Kotara, a passenger in the vehicle, was pinned inside and fire units with saws had to be called to remove him from the wreckage. He was taken to Bexar County Hospital where he died at 4:20 a.m. Services for Donzis will be at 4 p.m. Tuesday at Roy Akers Funeral Chapels with burial in Beth FI Memorial Park. Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Cookie Donzis, a daughter, two sons, his parents, a sister and two granddaughters Mass for Kotara will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Mausoleum Chapel at Holy Cross Cemetery where he will be buried. Survivors include his parents, two sisters, two brothers, paternal grandmother and maternal maternal grandparents. Cancer claims Scott Crull HAMMOND, Ind (AIM — Scott Crull, the 12-year-old boy who learned two weeks ago on a national baseball telecast the secret that had been kept from him for three years — that he had terminal bone cancer — died Monday. He discovered the extent extent of his illness after a family friend’s efforts to cheer the boy with a call from a Chicago Cubs baseball baseball player went awry. The friend contacted the Cubs and told them of Scott’s condition. He asked if a team member could call Scott. At the request of a team official, outfielder Bobby Muroer called Scott Aug 8 before the Cubs’ nationally televised game at Pittsburgh Pittsburgh He told Seott he

Clipped from
  1. San Antonio Express,
  2. 23 Aug 1977, Tue,
  3. Page 8

DRCastillo55 Member Photo

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in